Learn how our Customer Journey API works.
- An applicant: a user who has started a credit application to become a customer, but not completed it.
- A customer: a user who has a credit account.
- Unknown: a user who has never made a credit application or is no longer known.
Customer Journey Enquiry
- For an applicant, relevant application data can be returned.
- For a customer, relevant summary customer and account data can be returned.
- For unknown, an error is returned.
This information can be used to help place the customer where they need to be in their customer journey:
- 1Use case example 1: Identify a customer at check out to check their available credit so they can complete a purchase.
- 2Use case example 2: Use this API at the front of an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephony journey to identify a user category and provide summary information to them.
- 3Use case example 3: Identify an applicant and see where they are in the application process so that they can resume it.
How does the Customer Journey API work?
- 1Provide us with a unique identifier for the user so that we can identify the user's position in the customer journey, either a:
- Customer Access Token or;
- Customer Reference.
- 2If the user is identified as an applicant, we will return information about the application, such as:
Application Information Description State Enumerated list indicating the application state Credit limit The credit limit associated with the application Interest rates for their product The associated interest rates (AER, APR, SAR) for the product KYC status Initiated, failed or authenticated KYC User registered status Indicates whether the user has registered for online services
- 3If the user is identified as a customer, we will return information about the customer's account, such as:
Account Information Description Status Status open charge off closed fraud account cancelled pay down Payment due date Due date for the previous billing period, this may be null until account goes through a billing cycle Credit limits Collection of defined credit limits (type and amount) User registered status Indicates whether the user has registered for online services User registered status Indicates whether the user has registered for online services
Customer Journey API flow
Getting Started with NewDay
Quick start guides for how you can start working with NewDay as a partner and learn about the end to end processes of integrating with APIs.
Engagement with Commercial team
This section guides potential businesses on how to become a NewDay credit partner and explains the end-to-end on-boarding process.
Integration Guide for Developers
This section provides guidance on how to start building with NewDay i.e. how to integrate with NewDay's various deployment environments, getting access to APIs etc.
Was this page helpful?